Friday 4 October 2013

Review of Belle Blackburn's "The Doctor's Daughter"

 
"The Doctor's Daughter" by Belle Blackburn is set during America's Civil War. It follows Kate Seaver, as she tries to prove her father’s death was not a suicide. I love something fresh and new - A historical novel with a modern feel. Although dealing with issues like murder, slavery and women's rights, I found this story had a real sense of humour. The author also creates vivid secondary characters. It was a page-turner that I tore through in just a few days, and I was very sorry when I came to the end. Anybody interested in the time period of America's civil war or just looking for a good read would enjoy this book. A well written novel that will maintain your interest throughout. So I will end with one word - sequel ?
 
 
 
 
.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment