Monday 6 April 2015

"A Grave for Kings"

This was a story I stepped into not having any real idea what it was about. I had finished my last book and was looking for something different - so I dived right in. "A Grave for Kings" by Joseph Walter is an intriguing and well written mystery surrounding  the "Guardian". Simply put - If you like Game of Thrones, you'll like this. Along with a beautiful cover, the author has a talent for creating images in the reader's mind. I usually expect this type of rich description in an overdone epic novel where the reader is bogged down with description - but Joseph uses his talent to gift the reader with vivid action scenes and picturesque moments of reflection. While it was a bit slow to start - it was a wonderful tale. I can not wait to see the next story, and watch this rising star of a writer.






.

No comments:

Post a Comment