Wednesday 22 April 2015

"Secrets and Lies in El Salvador"

"Secrets and Lies in El Salvador" by Sherrie Miranda is a poignant, romantic and tragic novel set in Latin America. I found this book simply enthralling and read it in one sitting. The story of Shelly, who falls for an American fighter in El Salvador. Of course, the road of true love never runs smooth and she struggles to keep her mind intact as the world around them is brought to its knees by the war. Very well written, the book gives a good insight into a part of the world I am unfamiliar with. I found the characters so realistic that I was so sad when I had finished. This book left me emotionally drained. It was like watching a good movie and not wanting it to end. Thank you Sherrie for a great book :)




No comments:

Post a Comment