Tuesday 14 April 2015

"What Lies Within Us"

"What Lies Within Us" by Kiki Howell is a romantic thriller with a dose of the paranormal. I've always enjoyed thrillers and paranormal fiction but when I started to read this, I wondered whether the 'romantic' tag would result in a odd mix of genres - But I was pleasantly surprised, engaged and intrigued by the lot. The main character Kyna, discovers a family secret that takes her across the Atlantic ocean to Ireland. I felt the author truly knew the characters as they were not one-dimensional. Apart from Aedan - who is a very stereotypical good looking male character, but i guess that's what some reader like :p Overall there were moments where I absolutely loved what the author had written, so I think this is a very promising author that will only get better. 




AMAZON


.


No comments:

Post a Comment