Friday 12 June 2015

'A Diamond In My Pocket'

I was a bit leery when I started this book, I was definitely intrigued from the blurb but I've not had good luck with indie books lately. However, I have to say that 'A Diamond In My Pocket' by Lorena Angell is really good - it’s well written, the plot is well done, and the author doesn't over do it. A fast paced YA, paranormal, coming of age story about a girl named Calli who, out of the blue discovers an amazing talent hidden within her. The dialogue and internal streams of consciousness felt extremely natural for a teenager (I guess). There was never a time that I thought the main character was too adult for her age, even when faced with challenging obstacles. The author created an excellent read and I am looking forward to reading her other books. I also found the cover impressively done - it definitely caught my eye.




No comments:

Post a Comment