Monday 2 September 2013

Review of Philip Dodd's "Angel War"

 
It isn't my normal genre of books, so I was a little sceptical. However, this book went far beyond my expectations. This "little" story kept me up a few nights in a row. There's just something about a good story, and this one has it in spades. A lot of work went in to this book and since it's no mean feat to capture and create a memorable fantasy world - I do applaud Philip as this is his first novel. Descriptions in this story were incredibly vivid with characters and places that you can smell, taste and hear. The story of Prince Azel plans a rebellion against his father. But Klem, the Child of the White Mountain, plans otherwise. Let the battle begin! This novel is packed with verbal and visual treasures. The narration is precise, informative and interesting. Each character grows as the story progresses. Bottom line is, an excellent book that I give four stars because of the lenght - I feel it could have been shortened. I wish this author success and would read a future story by him.
 
 
 
 
 
.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment